Available Scoria Products:
- Note that all products are available in natural red or black colours as shown on the colour comparison page.
- Aggregates are available in 7, 10, 14, 20 40mm sizes
- Aggregates can also be suplied washed where low fines content is important such as in concrete manufacture
- Standard Fines products produced are 5mm minus pipe bedding, 8mm minus bedding, 14 and 20mm NDCR
- Rubble products up to 300mm can be made by special request
- Also available are a range of specialists products as shown on the specialist product page
Benefits of Aerolite's Scoria Products
Scoria is Light Weight - This means low transport costs and easy handling which means that Aerolite's products offer great value in most construction applications as their low density will reduce your transportation and handling costs as only half the truck movements will be required.
Aerolite's aggregates and fines products are half the weight of competitive products and hence give twice the yield of equivalent aggregate and fines products with no sacrifice in quality or durability.
Aerolite's scoria has been aerated by nature giving many benefits . These include :
- Water retention: Aerolite's scoria naturally absorbs and holds water and can be used to help drought-proof gardens when used as a mulch or as a growing medium to improve soils, hydroponics mixes and potting mixes.
- Noise and Thermal Insulation: Due to its aerated structure Aerolite's Scoria is far superior than normal dense sands and aggregates in providing thermal and noise insulation when used in concrete or masonry products.
- Refractory Properties: Due to its structure and chemical composition it is also an ideal material to improve the fire resistant properties of concrete or masonry products.
- Strong and Durable: Contrary to some other scoria products, Aerolite's products do not break down or powder over time.
The use of Aerolite's scoria products will save you money and help the environment at the same time.